Saturday, September 13, 2014

Another recommended place to stay

Here us the other place I stayed that I would highly recommend. It is call "The Church" and is located in the very small town of Hahei on the Coromandel peninsula. I arrived shortly after lunch and found the office closed until 3:30 pm. However, there was a clip board next to the door where you signed in for the room you want. They leave the keys in the doors, so I went around and checked out a number of rooms and picked the best one. It was on the end which meant there was an extra window on the wall that was lacking in the other rooms. You let yourself in and "make yourself at home" - the joys of a remote, small town. I also had dinner in the old Presbyterian chuch that night which I can also highy recommend as a place to eat. You can get some amazing meals even when out in the sticks.

The Church restaurant in Hahei

my room behind the old church showing the deck out back leading to a garden

this shows the high ceiling and the extra window I had by being in the end room

nice wood floors, solid wood doors, and a small kitchen area





No comments:

Post a Comment